If You Insist ... Here is (part of) My Un-List
The Awesome List
- When I searched for 'my favourite acronym', the server could not find it after searching through 13,388 acronyms on September 19. But the Lycos Search Servers certainly know where to find it!
Global Network Navigator Home Page
- John Makulowich has put together an excellent resource list
- Their Whole Internet Catalogue is very well organized, but I do hope that these pages are not a prelude to the opening of a toll-booth on the information highway! For now, at least, you too can be listed in their Netizens Directory.
Internet Tools Summary
- Another excellent Internet resource list; the folks at Nova Southeastern University offer: Everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask about Unix ... and much, much more, of course
Stroud's Newest Winsock Apps Page
- This guide from John December, a guru on Computer Mediated Communication, is definitely a 'must read'!
Yahoo - A Guide to WWW
- If you want to make sure that you have the latest version of your favourite Winsock applications, Forrest Stroud makes it easy for you do so
- What self-respecting list (even if it is an un-list) would be without a reference to this page! Their What's New page has disappeared with their new look ... but you can still add your URL to their listing. And they now have a Canadian partner: Open Text a new and nifty search engine!
Patrick Crispen's Internet Roadmap
- You can overcome your 'fear of fractals' with a visit to this page - and it's right in my hometown! From there, it is but a hop, skip and a jump to a Cyber Tour of the TRIUMF facility at UBC
- This Roadmap is now in HTML, courtesy of Neil Enns at Brandon University (Manitoba, Canada!). But you may want to take a look at Neil's other pages before you hit the road
I could continue, but then I would have to call this a list. So I won't.
| Hilary's Home Page | The Un-Index | All About Hilary |
Revised October 19, 1997em>
Copyright © 1995 Hilary Ostrov